The company is seeking an experienced accountant who possesses excellent analytical skills with a thorough knowledge of accounting principles, to oversee all general accounting operations.
Summary of Role
The accountant will report directly to the company’s Finance Manager. Their key responsibilities will include reconciling account balances and bank statements, maintaining an accurate general ledger and preparing month-end close off.
- Management of petty cash and replenishment
- Monitoring daily cash flow of the company
- Controlling all banking and operating systems ensuring that all bank balances are updated accordingly.
- Ensuring the efficient management of company’s bank accounts
- Supervision of bank reconciliations
- Supervision of cashier and management of receipting
- Review payments and disbursements; Supervision of payable staff.
- Variance reporting on actual against plan on a monthly basis and management of budget unit of the accounting software
- Assist in the preparation of the Annual Plan/Budgets
- Assist in coordinating year end audit
- Liaising with actuaries for year end and rate renewal queries during the annual renewal process.
- Ledger/Schedules/ Reconciliation Review and Approval
- Appropriate authorization of journal entries
- Assist management in special projects
- Staff appraisals
- Interaction with external bodies eg: regulators, actuaries, auditors etc.
- Compliance with CCIS, regulatory policies, practices and procedures, accounting standards etc.
- Problem Resolution - To identify & correct problems promptly.
- Any other tasks assigned by management
- Monday to Friday: 8:00am to 4:00pm
- Extended hours maybe required to meet seasonal deadlines
- Certified Accountant (e.g. ACCA, CPA etc.), professional Accounting degree or equivalent qualification
- Minimum of five (5) years Accounting Experience
- Two (2) years at Supervisory Level
- Accounting Software experience
- Computer Literacy (e.g. Microsoft Office)
- Strong Analytical Skills
- Strong Spreadsheet Application Skills
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Strong Inter-personal and communication skills
- Industry experience; Finance, Insurance, Investments